Friday, March 23, 2012

ARC Book Review: Gift by Andrea J. Buchanan

Title: Gift
Author: Andrea J. Buchanan
Author Links: Website | Twitter
Publisher: Open Road Media
Expected Publication Date: Should hit shelves on March 27, 2012
Format: Arc; Thanks to Open Road Media & Netgalley
Summary from Goodreads;
High school sophomore Daisy Jones is just trying to get by unnoticed. It doesn't help that she's the new girl at school, lives in a trailer park, and doesn't even own a cell phone. But there's a good reason for all that: Daisy has a secret, unpredictable power-one only her best friend, Danielle, knows about. Despite her "gift" (or is it a curse?), Daisy's doing a good job of fitting in-and a cute senior named Kevin even seems interested in her! But when Daisy tries to help Vivi, a mysterious classmate in a crisis, she soon discovers that her new friend has a secret of her own. Now Daisy and her friends must deal with chilling dreams and messages from the beyond. Can Daisy channel the power she's always tried to hide-before it's too late? 
Review: 
I got this book from Open Road Media through Netgalley. I knew I had to get it when I read the summary after watching the trailer. The cover was what attracted my attention, really. Look at it, it's gorgeous. The lighting around the purple-ish background and all, amazing. ^.^

The plot was interesting, I like how it built up slowly and then pow. It was a fast paced book, lots of suspense that had me with chills, literally. The mystery and suspense combined was well thought out. I really liked how everyone had a different role in Buchanan's world. No one was there just for show, they all had their own roles and you really get to know them all. I really don't get the point of having characters or a bunch of details in a story when they don't lead up to anything, they're just there, but Andrea avoided that and made sure everything had a point in the story.

Gift by Andrea J. Buchanan is a fast paced book, well thought out plot that slowly builds up into a fantastic read.


Book Trailer:
I quite liked this trailer, I specially liked the beginning where the person is opening the e-book.

No comments:

Post a Comment