Tuesday, May 1, 2012

ARC Book Review: Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen

Title: Dark Kiss
Author: Michelle Rowen
Series: Nightwatchers #1
Author Links: Website | Facebook | Twitter
Publisher: Harlequin
Expected Publication Date: May 22, 2012
Summary from Goodreads;
I don't do DANGEROUS. 

Smart, über-careful, ordinary Samantha—that’s me. But I just couldn’t pass up a surprise kiss from my number-one unattainable crush. A kiss that did something to me...something strange. Now I feel hungry all the time, but not for food. It’s like part of me is missing—and I don’t know if I can get it back. 
Then there’s Bishop. At first I thought he was just a street kid, but the secrets he’s keeping are as intense as his unearthly blue eyes. If he’s what I think he is, he may be the only one who can help me. But something terrifying is closing in, and the one chance Bishop and I have to stop it means losing everything I ever wanted and embracing the darkness inside me.... 
Nightwatchers: When angels and demons must work together, something beyond evil is rising...
Review:
3 stars, enjoyable but lacked some things.
I requested this book because I liked the synopsis and the cover looked awesome, I mean, look at his wings! They look so cool!

Angels and Demons working together, definetly an enjoyable and interesting story. Michelle managed to keep a consistent pace throughout the whole book but some parts were definitely action-filled. The characters were interesting to read about, but I didn't really like the main character. I mean, yeah, she gets all this crazy overload of information but I wanted to grab her by the shoulders, tell her to calm down and take a deep breath.
Now, the other characters I loved. Bishop has to find others like him to fix something that's going on in the city, and since Sam is the only one who can guide him, he drags her into the action. I liked the people they had to find, although I wished I'd gotten to know them more. I definitely want to read the next book to find out more about what happens to Bishop and Sam. I really enjoyed the ending though, that was my favorite part. It's one of those books that satisfies yet has you yearning for more.

Dark Kiss is an action-filled, suspenseful read that will have you gripping the edge of your seats to know what happens next. A novel that will have you anticipating the next book in Michelle's Nightwatchers series.

No comments:

Post a Comment