Monday, May 7, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday ( 7 )

May 8: Top Ten Favorite Quotes From Books
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish.
I love quotes! From quotes from books to quotes of famous people. I just really like them. ^.^ These quotes shall be random due to the fact that I probably won't be able to choose just 10.
I'm consulting goodreads for this.. lol
*logs on and checks*
Okay, got 'em. Warning; Most of these quotes are full of sarcasm or contain a portion of it. Also, they are quotes.. Goodreads said so. lol
1. "If I died, would it get me out of my Geometry test tomorrow? One could only hope." - Zoey, Marked
I laughed at the irony of this quote, considering a) there were worse things happening to her, b) I have math finals tomorrow.
2. "Har. Bloody. Har."
He smiled," Oh, I see. Known me less than a day and teasing me about my accent. What's next? Care to discuss the state of my hair? My height? My trousers?"
Trousers. Honestly. - Anna and The French Kiss
It's St. Clair. *shrugs* Isn't that enough of a reason to love this quote?

3. "Let's just say you might regret that second piece of cake."
Oh my god. regret cake? Whatever was about to happen must be truly evil." - Hex Hall
 4. "The easy thing and the right thing are never the same." - Beautiful Creatures.
True, true.
5. Ash grinned. “I could create a blizzard and fill this whole place with ice, if you’re getting bored.” -Iron fey Valentine
 6. “Hunger flickered, always there, but I pushed it down. I was a vampire. Nothing would change that. But I didn't have to be a monster.
The Immortal Rules
 7. “Just FYI, in your case, I think it’s okay to fear the reaper.”  ―  Reaper, Rachel Vincent
Ahh, Tod. Yeah, he was one of my favorites. Plus, he's a reaper. . .
8.  “I would be more than her guardian and her champion and the jester who made her laugh. I would be her everything, if I could. -Puck, Summer's Crossing
I could never choose between Ash and Puck. They each had their own personalities and things I liked about them.
9.  “A brave man acknowledges the strength of others.” 
― Veronica Roth, Divergent
One of my favorite quotes from this book.
10.  “The trouble is, sometimes words are like arrows. Once you shoot them, there's no going back." -The Catastrophic History of You and Me 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I second that. The quotes from Divergent about bravery are wonderful.

      Delete