Friday, May 18, 2012

Book Review: The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson ( Little Blue Envelope #2 )

Title: The Last Little Blue Envelope
Author: Maureen Johnson
Author Links: Website | Twitter | Blog
Series: Little Blue Envelope #2
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: April 26th 2011
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 282
Summary from Goodreads;
Seventeen-year-old Ginny Blackstone is off on another fun, romantic, and hilarious European adventure in this irresistible sequel to Johnson's breakout hit "13 Little Blue Envelopes."
Thoughts:
I was hesitant to read this book because my friend told me she'd read it and wait for it, there was a love triangle. Sigh, I don't hate triangles but I also don't read them if I can avoid it. Main reason is because they annoy me when the girl can't choose and the answer is pretty obvious on who she should be with. Anywho, I gave it a chance because I really enjoyed the first book and man, am I glad I read it. This book totally delivered. I felt that I enjoyed The Last Little Blue Envelope more than I enjoyed Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes. 
There was action and of course they were on a road trip! I love books about road trips, especially after reading Amy and Roger's Detour. They always seem to portray characters more than a regular novel would. I enjoyed continuing reading about Ginny's road trips and her journey through life. I felt that this book was much more enjoyable because the characters developed even more. There was a new character introduced in this book, which I came to adore and there was an old character that I came to want to slap along with Ginny. The romance was realistic and adorable! I loved the new character and the twist he comes along with. I really like Johnson's writing because just when you think you know what's going to happen, she drops a bombshell and you're caught up in the story over again. I couldn't stop reading The Last Little Blue Envelope or put it down at all. The only thing that bothered me was the ending, it just wasn't as .. satisfying as I'd hope it'd be. Overall though, the book didn't let me down. :)
I recommend picking up The Last Little Blue Envelope or picking up Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes if you haven't read it.

1 comment:

  1. This book sounds so interesting once you have recommended it! Thanks for sharing.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete