Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: Shadow and Bone and A Midsummer's Nightmare

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
Title: A Midsummer's Nightmare
Author: Kody Keplinger
Summary from Goodreads;
Whitley Johnson's dream summer with her divorced dad has turned into a nightmare. She's just met his new fiancée and her kids. The fiancée's son? Whitley's one-night stand from graduation night. Just freakin' great. Worse, she totally doesn't fit in with her dad's perfect new country-club family. So Whitley acts out. She parties. Hard. So hard she doesn't even notice the good things right under her nose: a sweet little future stepsister who is just about the only person she's ever liked, a best friend (even though Whitley swears she doesn't "do" friends), and a smoking-hot guy who isn't her stepbrother...at least, not yet. It will take all three of them to help Whitley get through her anger and begin to put the pieces of her family together.
Why: It just sounds so good! And I love the title! Yes, I said the title.
&
Title: Shadow and Bone
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Summary from Goodreads;

Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee. 
Alina Starkov has never been good at anything. But when her regiment is attacked on the Fold and her best friend is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dormant power that saves his life—a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free. Wrenched from everything she knows, Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling. 
Yet nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha…and the secrets of her heart.
Why: I have heard so many good reviews on this novel and I want to find out for myself what's so good about it that has everyone talking.

10 comments:

  1. I love that cover for Shadow and Bone. Every time I see it, I stop and just stare for a while!!
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great picks! The first one sounds like a great summer read. I've been hearing a bit about Shadow and Bone lately and it does sound very interesting!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    - Kim (new follower)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both books sound really good! I can't wait to read Shadow and Bone. Great pick!
    Em
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to both of these, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Same choice for Shadow and Bone! :D

    Thanks for visiting!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices! I'm definitely waiting on A Midsummer's Nightmare. Sounds like a cute and fun book. Getting a new hot stepbrother! Shadow and Bone sounds so exciting and I love books with magic. Thanks for stopping by and I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read anything by Kody Keplinger but I'm looking forward on reading The Duff a friend recommends it! Shadow and Bone was up on Net Galley but I got declined *sigh* Awesome picks!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shadow and Bone is new to me. I am very excited about A Midsummer's Nightmare. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my wow:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're both on my wish-list too! They sound really interesting :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shadow and Bone really sounds epic and don't you just love that cover(we just don't see much YA illustrated covers anymore).

    ReplyDelete